Utility Locate Technician is responsible for accurately locating underground facilities including,
but not limited to, telephone communication lines, electric power lines, cable television lines,
gas lines, fiber optic lines, water lines, and sewer lines. This position is a key component to
ensure that the area is complying with client and state requirements. Service duties include;
observing, locating, marking, and documenting underground and exposed utility locations.
Understanding of doing so, using multiple methods is required. Locating technicians will be
dispatched to locate and verify for utility customers. Technicians can work independently or in a
team environment, in both circumstances’ technician will work under an assigned supervisor.
Ability to perform this job takes focus, skill, and the use of machinery and/or tools. GridHawk
LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All employees can advance within the company, based
on satisfactory performance.
***In order to obtain employment with GridHawk LLC, candidates MUST complete a
background check. Company policy requires no violations within the last 5 years.
Candidates MUST also take and pass a DOT drug test.***
All employees of GridHawk LLC, are assigned proper technology and work vehicles in order to
perform all work-related duties.
We will provide you the tools you need to achieve, including:
● Company vehicle, laptop and smartphone
● All personal protective equipment provided
● Duties will include, but are not limited to:
● Locates underground facilities by using a transmitter and hooking up to a buried facility,
● Works in and walks over all types of terrain in and around construction zones and
residential, commercial, industrial and rural areas in all types of weather conditions.
● Interprets job order tickets, blueprints and maps to efficiently route and perform duties.
● Performs locates and emergency/on-call locates during regular, overtime and holiday
hours as necessary to meet customer needs.
● Performs all work in a timely, professional and efficient manner while effectively
communicating and interacting with customers, co-employees and third parties
● Communication with management team, contractor and utility customer to ensure a
damage free environment
● Knowledge of technology and tools needed
● Ability to work with others and in a supervised team environment
● High School Diploma or equivalency (GED)
● Ability to problem solve
● Ability to read, interpret, and decipher multiple types of prints
● Ability to lift over 50lbs
● Ability to walk/stand for multiple hours a day
● Excellent communication skills needed
● Pass a Background screening (no violations within the last 5 years)
● Pass a DOT drug test (Ongoing random drug tests)
● Motor Vehicle check and no more than 3 moving violations in the last 5 years
All employees are eligible to receive some form of company benefits. Some benefits (including
health insurance) are available to regular, full-time employees who maintain an average of 30
hours worked per week. Qualifying employees can enjoy paid holidays and PTO. All benefits will
be available the first of the next month following 30 days of employment.
Benefits for full-time employees include:
● Health Insurance
● Dental Insurance
● Term life Insurance
● Vision Insurance
● Flexible Benefits Plan
● 401(k) Savings Plan (Matched by the company)
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Hourly $15.00 – 18.00
***varies based on experience***