Experienced Locate Technician is responsible for accurately locating underground facilities including, but not limited to, telephone communication lines, electric power lines, cable television lines, gas lines, fiber optic lines, water lines, and sewer lines. This position is a key component to ensure that the area is complying with client and state requirements. Service duties include; observing, locating, marking, and documenting underground and exposed utility locations. Understanding of doing so, using multiple methods is required. Locating technicians will be dispatched to locate and verify for utility customers. Technicians can work independently or in a team environment, in both circumstances’ technician will work under an assigned supervisor. Ability to perform this job takes focus, skill, and the use of machinery and/or tools. GridHawk LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All employees can advance within the company, based on satisfactory performance.
***In order to obtain employment with GridHawk LLC, candidates MUST complete a background check. Company policy requires no violations within the last 3 years. Candidates MUST also take and pass a DOT drug test.***
All employees of GridHawk LLC, are assigned proper technology and work vehicles in order to perform all work-related duties.
We will provide you the tools you need to achieve including:
- Company vehicle, laptop and smartphone
- Uniforms and all personal protective equipment provided
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Locates underground facilities by using a transmitter and hooking up to a buried facility, pedestal etc.
- Works in and walks over all types of terrain in and around construction zones and residential, commercial, industrial and rural areas in all types of weather conditions.
- Interprets job order tickets, blueprints and maps to efficiently route and perform duties.
- Performs locates and emergency/on-call locates during regular, overtime and holiday hours as necessary to meet customer needs.
- Performs all work in a timely, professional and efficient manner while effectively communicating and interacting with customers, co-employees and third parties
- Communication with management team, contractor and utility customer to ensure a damage free environment
- Knowledge of technology and tools needed
- Ability to work with others and in a supervised team environment
- High School Diploma or equivalency (GED)
- Multiple years of utility locating experience
- Documentation of excellent quality ratio with in locating industry
- Knowledge and experience using multiple types of utility locating equipment
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to read, interpret, and decipher multiple types of prints
- Vacuum truck experience A+
- Ability to lift over 50lbs
- Ability to walk/stand for multiple hours a day
- Excellent communication skills needed
- Ability to read and interrupt prints at a high level
- Pass a Background screening (no violations within the last 3 years)
- Pass a DOT drug test
All employees are eligible to receive some form of company benefits. Some benefits (including health insurance) are available to regular, full-time employees who maintain an average of 30 hours worked per week. Qualifying employees can enjoy paid holidays and PTO. All benefits will be available the first of the next month following 30 days of employment.
Benefits for full-time employees include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Term life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Benefits Plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan (Matched by the company)
Job Type: Full-time
Hourly $15.00 – 18.00
***varies based on experience***